Monday, April 8, 2013

Top Ten Best Budget Beauty Buys – EVER! (Part 1)


[As published on Emmagem.com HERE]

I don’t know about you, but I’m a sucker for cheap steals.  I’m always on the lookout for value-for-money buys, which make me really, really happy. Over the years, I’ve managed to discover these beauty bargains which do their job so well, and I dare say – even better than their luxury counterparts!
The best part: They’re ALL under RM50!
10: Silkygirl QuikClean Extra Strength Nail Polish Remover, RM8.90
This removes even the most stubborn glitter nail polish. Leave a soaked cotton pad on your nails for a bit, and the glitter comes right off! Sometimes they come in twin packs at an even cheaper price. It doesn’t leave nails dry or brittle, and is enriched with Vitamin E too. Be warned, though: the Gentle version (blue bottle) is pretty meh, so avoid that at all costs.
9: Eubos Sensitive Hand Repair & Care, RM27.90
Even though you can get other hand creams at a cheaper price, this one is really good for people with sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, products with strong fragrances can aggravate your skin, causing rashes or itching. This hand cream reminds me of babies, and I use it for my feet too. It doesn’t leave any oily residue.
8: Etude House Honey Wash-Off Pack, RM13.90
If you’re planning to indulge in a DIY home facial, I highly recommend this mask. It has the sticky consistency of honey, and is infused with tiny capsules that dissolve when you massage it into your skin. The honey mask comes in a pack of 4, each with a different scent and benefit: ginseng, red ginseng, angelica and cactus. Skin feels so smooth after rinsing off!
7: Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar, RM23.90
This is one of the best tinted lipbalms I’ve used. I recently discovered a store in Kuching (they also have outlets in Sungei Wang and Johor), and promptly fell in love with the adorable packaging. Unlike some lipbalms which leave white residue on your lips after long hours, this one doesn’t do anything of that sort. My lips look beautifully natural, only better.
6: Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion, RM45.90
Whenever someone asks me to recommend a good toner, I always tell them to try this one. I’ve been using this for years now, and even without a moisturiser afterwards (sometimes I get lazy too), my skin is still comfortably moisturised. Some hyaluronic acid-based toners can leave the skin a bit sticky, but this one absorbs well and leaves my skin velvety smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment