Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Luxe To Less Of Hair Masks

[As published on Emmagem.com HERE]
How often do you wash your hair? Experts advise us (especially women with long hair) to shampoo once every two days, for fear of stripping your scalp from its natural oils, making your hair dry and frizzy.
However, here’s what I learned through experience: I used to follow those instructions, only shampooing on alternate days. I had to grit my teeth and get through day 2 with oily roots that just didn’t do anything for me. Even though I always diligently followed my shampoo with a conditioner or mask, my hair ends maintained its crazy, grass-like texture. I had lots of split ends, too.

This was my hair on good days back then
After that, when I started exercising, I began washing my hair after every workout. I didn’t change my routine – it was still the usual shampoo and condition. But what I noticed about my hair was that it was less dry, and now, after three months, I have close to no split ends! My hair is softer, silkier and more manageable.

Hoorah, no split ends! 
The moral of the story: experts aren’t always right :) The most important thing is to listen to your own hair.
To help you along the way, here are some awesome hair masks, priced from seriously affordable to so-precious-you-only-wanna-use-once-a-week:
For dry ends with oily scalp
Schwarzkopf Extra Care Hydro Collagen Treatment Mask, RM18.90
Contains: Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid to rehydrate parched tresses
For severely dry, frizzy hair
Asience Inner Rich Hair Mask, price unavailable
Contains: Licorice and Lotus Flower to repair and nourish damaged hair
For weak, chemically-processed hair
Human Nature Intensive Hair Mask, RM39.90, Down To Earth
Contains: Avocado, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to make hair shinier and healthier
For dull, lacklustre hair
Tsubaki Shining Hair Mask, RM40.90
Contains: Camellia Oil and Pearl Lipids to give your hair a mirror-like shine
For thick, stiff hair
Shiseido Prosynergy Treatment Mask, RM63, SHINS
Contains: Perilla and Algae Extract to transform damage-prone hair
For a luxurious spa-like experience
L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Masque, RM65
Contains: Argan Oil, Avocado Oil and Grapeseed Oil to give your hair a glossy sheen.
For the eco-conscious
Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask, RM88
Contains: Blue Green Algae and Organic Shea Butter, which replenishes loss of protein in hair.
For essential oil lovers
L’Occitane Aromachologie Repairing Mask, RM130
Contains: Angelica, Lavender, Geranuim, Ylang Ylang and Patchouli Essential Oils to relax your mind and pamper coloured hair
For a 5-minute miracle
Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask, RM135, Strawberrynet
Contains: Argan Oil to transform dull, frizzy hair into shiny, healthy, manageable locks
For extremely damaged, weak hair
Kerastase Force Architecte Masque, RM136
Contains: Pro-Keratin and Ceramides to replenish and reconstruct the nutrients in the hair cortex

(Model images: beautythroughstrength.com, beautyheaven.com.au, instylehair.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment