Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Dry Skin Saviours for Lazy Girls

[As published on Emmagem.com HERE]
I’m a lazy girl. But I’m a vain lazy girl. I like things that save time and multitask because a) I can use one product all over and b) it’s economical. I hate the thought of getting into the shower, but once I’m in there, I end up spending more time than intended putting all these creams, lotions and potions on my skin.
But truthfully I’d rather be doing this…
lazycat
Or this…
lazy-cat
As I begin my journey towards becoming a sophisticated, elegantly mature 30-year-old (soon!!), my skin has gotten drier. I no longer experience excess shine on my T-zone, but I keep seeing fine lines around my eyes and flaky patches around my nose and mouth. Taking care of dry skin is a pain, but it can be done in record time. Through trial and error, I’ve managed to find a number of items that work great for my skin, and don’t cost and arm or a leg.
With that in mind, here are my current favourites:

Lucas Papaw Ointment
402857_in_pp
Despite its (ahem) less-than-spectacular packaging, this gem of a find does such a wonderful job as an all-rounder. Use it on scaly elbows, knees and heels, or slather on a generous layer on lips. It also helps to soothe minor burns, sunburns, cuts, chafing, insect bites and more! The oil-cream contains fresh fermented papaya, grown and harvested in Queensland, mixed with a petroleum jelly base. We like the convenience of the tube, which allows for mobility (often not the case with oil-based products). I can attest to the efficacy of the ointment to improve the appearance of dry spots immensely, even though I only use it on and off.
P/s: Cate Blanchett uses it too, why shouldn’t you?
Lucas Papaw Ointment is available in Malaysia from Babyland for RM22.90.

Steamcream
STEAMCREAM-Spring-Limited-Edition
Aren’t they just to pretty to look at? These tins can be used to store your keepsakes after finishing up the cream, and the limited edition designs are every collector’s fantasy! For hygiene purposes, I decanted my Steamcream into a smaller tub. If you’re wondering, it’s called Steamcream because of the unique steam process used to make the cream. The force of the steam fuses the ingredients (orange flower water, almond oil, cocoa butter and more) together in a light emulsion, which ‘melts’ into your skin upon contact. Although the texture is light, it is rather rich, and personally I think it’s better suited for intensive care, not so much for regular use. If you like the scent of essential oils, this is definitely for you as it smells like Lavender. Plus, it can be used for face and body!
Steamcream is available in Malaysia from Luxola for RM62.

Lipidol Overnight Face Oil
Lipidol_Overnight_Face_Oil
From the people who brought you Bio-Oil, comes a brand-new line of oil-based products called Lipidol. I fell in love with the packaging (it’s just so minimalist and so Pinterest-worthy!), and the price is certainly affordable (RM24.90 only!!) According to the website, our skin needs oil because it mimics the outermost layer of the skin. This oil prevents moisture loss, in turn creating healthy, radiant skin. Cleansing with soap strips away this oily layer, causing dehydration and moisture loss. That’s why you need an oil-based product to protect the fragile oily layer and keep it intact.  The Overnight Face Oil, scented with Ylang Ylang and Black Pepper essential oils, is suitable for sensitive skin. In the evenings, warm a few drops in your palms and press onto cleansed and toned face and neck. So easy!
Bonus: Lipidol products are Halal.
Lipidol is available exclusively at Guardian outlets for RM24.90

L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil
805142.primary_images

This practically screams Holy Grail. The scent (OMG) and the texture (double OMG), and the ultra-luxurious milk it transforms into (triple OMG). I’m not the only one who thinks so, either – Google the product and you’ll realize how many women out there have fallen so hard for one unassuming bottle of cleansing oil. Some evenings, I’m just too lazy to apply moisturiser after a shower, so this works perfectly to leave my skin feeling velvety-smooth. Rich in almond oil and nourishing lipids, and enriched with grapevine and rosemary, you deserve to skip moisturiser and be lazy. And one bottle lasts forever!
P/s: I was not paid to write this.
Almond Shower Oil is available from L’Occitane (website and outlets) for RM100.

And so…
funny-lazy-girl-do-nothing
(Images: themetapicture.com, catmoji.com and from respective brands’ websites)

No comments:

Post a Comment